The mission of the Contra Costa Crisis Center is to keep people alive and safe, help them through crises, and connect them with culturally relevant resources in the community. Our 24-hour crisis lines, face-to-face grief counseling program, homeless services, youth services, and 211 information and referral program accomplish this.
We have five core values:
- Compassion: We’re driven by a desire to alleviate the emotional pain, distress, and needs of our clients.
- Integrity: We respect and honor clients and colleagues through trustworthy actions.
- Inclusion: We affirm the value of differing perspectives and are committed to representation from—and service to—all members of our diverse community.
- Accessibility: We believe that people in need should be able to get help 24-7.
- Collaboration: We’re committed to developing strong, lasting partnerships with community members to achieve common goals.
The information above can be found on the official website of Contra Costa Crisis Center. For more details about the organization and to find out how you can volunteer, please visit their website: http://www.crisis-center.org