Jacob’s Heart Children’s Cancer Support Services mission is to improve the quality of life for children with cancer and support their families in the challenges they face.
We are a local, one-of-kind grassroots organization. Our support services extend to families with children under 18 diagnosed with cancer within the counties of Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito and South Santa Clara.
Jacob’s Heart provides emotional, social and financial assistance to children with cancer and their families.
Our programs include:
- Bilingual Counseling and Support Groups for siblings, teens, parents and bereaved families;
- Direct Financial Assistance with household bills, fuel costs, groceries and memorials;
- Resource Center providing parents with materials on best ways to contribute to the care of their child;
- Art from the Heart giving families a creative outlet for self expression utilizing art in the healing process; and
- Celebrations and Milestones honoring the important events in the lives of the special children we serve.
The information above can be found on the official website of Jacob’s Heart. For more details about the organization and to find out how you can volunteer, please visit their website: http://jacobsheart.org