The Association actively encourages MDIA members to become involved in its operation and growth in as many ways as possible. These jobs allow members to commit to as little as a couple of hours a week and still provide vital assistance to the Association. If you are interested in any of these opportunities and would like more information please contact us at [email protected] or call (925) 927-7222.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AT MDIA:
1) Activity or events coordinators: Based on annual calendar of events, organize, plan and staff with volunteers these events.
2. Publicity coordinator: Publicize events and activities, send our press releases, notify the members of events and activities.
3) Publications committee: Work at revising old brochures and developing new brochures to provide visitors with information on Mt. Diablo.
4) Photography: Take photographs for publications and the website, displays or other educational and interpretive materials.
5) Wholesale/retail sales inventory coordinator: Mail out new orders when placed, forward payment to treasurer, and track inventory.
6) Writers: Work with the Newsletter editor and Mt. Diablo Review editor to write articles about Mt. Diablo’s natural and cultural history and activities and events.
7) Mitchell Canyon Visitor Center staff: Serve as docents at the Mitchell Canyon Visitor Center, one four-hour shift per month on Saturday or Sunday.
8) Bulk mailing: Coordinate approximately 5- 6 mailings per year.
9)Summit Visitor Center: Volunteer as a docent at the Summit Visitor Center a few hours per month.
10) Hike leader. Lead persons on hikes or walks of any length throughout the year.
11) Maintenance. Assist with maintenance and repair of the MDIA run facilities in Mitchell Canyon.
The information above can be found on the official website of Mount Diablo Interpretive Association. For more details about the organization and to find out how you can volunteer, please visit their website: http://www.mdia.org/mdiavolunteer.htm