For more than a century, the YWCA San Francisco & Marin has responded to the changing roles, needs and aspirations of a diverse population of women, girls and families.
The voices of women have blended to create a vision that keeps the YWCA strong and current even in times of national change and challenge.
The YWCA of San Francisco & Marin is a member of the YWCA USA and the World YWCA movement. With over 300 affiliates throughout the country, we work together to attain a common vision: peace, justice, freedom and dignity of all people.
The YWCA serves youth, families, and adults in San Francisco and Marin counties with these critical services:
- Empowering women over 50 toward economic self sufficiency by employment support
- Supporting children in their new home through after school and summer programs
- Caring for older and disabled adults with dignity and respect through affordable housing.
- Bridging the digital divide through computer instruction and open lab
- Teaching English as a Second Language to job seekers searching for employment stability
- Developing leadership and life skills in youth to prepare for employment and college
The information above can be found on the official website of YWCA – San Francisco and Marin. For more details about the organization and to find out how you can volunteer, please visit their website: http://www.ywcasf-marin.org